Buzzle.com publishes an article on the benefits of martial arts training for children. They make these points:
- Karate, and other martial arts for kids, builds confidence and self-esteem as well as self-discipline, respect, concentration and courtesy.
- Many martial arts schools also offer leadership courses for kids, in conjunction with their karate for kids programs, or similar lessons.
- Martial Arts is ideal for children who do not do well in team sports, giving them the ability to flourish this activity, while combining physical and mental practices.
- Many do not realize this, but it is a fact that martial arts training are safer than most school sports.
- Children with special needs, such as ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), learning difficulties and hyperactivity are often recommended to participate in martial arts for kids because of the clear benefits in its structured training techniques.
Read more here.